Data Protection & Your Privacy
We respect your privacy and want to be clear about how we handle information about you.
What Information may we collect about you?
We may collect personal data about you in the course of our work. That may include things like:
- Your contact details.
- Your date of birth.
- Where you work.
- Your wishes and criteria in any transaction you are considering.
- Financial information, for example about your income and capital resources.
Usually we will have received this directly from you. However, we may also receive personal data about you from others, such as from the other party to a transaction you are engaged in or from joint agents. Family members also sometimes provide information about each other
How will we use the Information?
Our use of such personal data is subject to data protection law.Our use of such personal data is subject to data protection law.
We mainly use your personal data to provide you with information or services you have requested. We may also use it for any other purpose for which you give your consent. For example, we may send you additional information about the firm or its services, if you have consented to us doing so.
We may also use it for other normal purposes connected with our work. For example, we will use your information to update our own business records, complete statutory returns, and otherwise comply with our regulatory obligations.
Will we share Information about you with anyone?
We take your privacy seriously. We will never sell your personal data to anyone, and we take precautions to keep it secure.
It will sometimes be a normal and necessary part of our work to pass on information to third parties. For example:
- We may pass on information about you to solicitors to help them proceed with a transaction in which you are involved.
- If you are a prospective tenant, we may pass on references about you to the landlord.
- We may inform utility companies of changes in the occupiers of property.
- We may pass on information to maintenance and repair contractors, in respect of property where we have responsibilities.
- We may need to pass on information to those who help collect outstanding accounts.
In addition, our practice may be audited or checked by third parties such as our accountants, which may enable them to see some information about you. Such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to your information.
Other third parties we may pass your data on to:
- Thesaurus Universal
- Let Alliance
- The Conveyancing Partnership
- Evergreen Mortgages
You have a right of access under data protection law to the personal data that we hold about you. We seek to keep that personal data correct and up to date. You should let us know if you believe the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.The person responsible for data protection at this organization and whom you should contact is Ellie Venn. If you wish to be removed from our database, or have any other concerns about your data,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org